Hi - I am in the early planning stages of a European cycle tour for 2014. Looking at something along the Mediterranean I think maybe through some of Greece, Italy, France and Spain, and so I have been looking at EURO VELO 8. I have a couple of questions if anyone is able to help:
* Best map source for this route.
* Earliest time of the year it would be reasonable to start - as having to fit in with teaching semester I will be on leave from February 2014 till mid July 2014 and this year I see has had a late long winter and I am worried about how cold it could be if say I started in mid March from Greece or Italy.
* Is it likely to be way too hot to cycle in July through here?
* How easy it is to find camp sites a days riding apart. I do not want to wild camp. At this stage I will be travelling solo and like the idea of a hot shower at the end of the day and the prospect of some fellow campers for company.
* Is it possible to stay to small roads for the majority of this route?
Anyway I am enjoying checking out various internet sites for information and getting a better idea of this route but all help from anyone who has done this route appreciated.