Here are some links to other sites you might be interested in:
- Adventure Cycling - Great organization, mostly US-oriented.
- BikeAccess.net - Excellent information about transporting bikes on any type of transport
- Cicloturismo Peru provides free hospitality, advice on route planning, maps, mechanical assistance, baggage storage and fowarding, etc, to all bike tourists arriving in Lima, Peru. Member Anibal Paredes.
- Servas.org An international, non-governmental, multicultural peace association run by volunteers in over 100 countries.
- Trustroots.org - Hospitality exchange community for hitchhikers and other travellers.
- CouchSurfing.com - Probably the biggest hospitality network of this type, with an amazingly large global membership
- Bewelcome.org - Another, newer hospitality network.
- Crazyguyonabike' own list of private houses offering no-fee hospitality to touring cyclists
- CAC, the hospitality branch of Cyclo-Camping International, Association of bicycle travelers. The CAC website is in English, Spanish, and French.
- Casas de Ciclistas in Latin America - the famous Latin hospitality houses for touring cyclists.
- Rural Hospitality Exchange
- ''Dachgeber'' Association Germany - a hospitality network for touring cyclists in Germany. Since it comes as a booklet, an advance order of it is needed.
- ''Dachgeber'' Association Austria the same for Austria, as well in German. Advance order needed.
- ''Velodach'' Association Switzerland - the same for Switzerland, in German, French and Italian. Advance order needed.
- U.K. Cyclist's Hospitality Directory - the same for Great Britain. Advance order needed.
Mapping and Routing Resources
- TrackMyTour, the iPhone app by the developer of the Warmshowers iPhone app.
- Osmand, a ravishing app for Android comprising a myriad of functions, such as offline maps (among others cycling maps), tracking and navigation.
- Open Cycle Map
- Phred.org: The most lively forum (mailing list) on bike touring issues.
- FreeCampsites.net: Lots of free places to camp
- Bikeforums.net - Lots of forums on various bike issues.
- Biketouringtips.com - Website dedicated to bike touring
- Lonely Planet's traveler's forum for all countries of the world, including travel by bicycle
- WorldCycle Videos - For all who enjoy the adventure of cycle touring the world. Get inspired and add your films!